Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We All Make Mistakes


Throughout the past 21 (almost 22) years of my earthly existence, I have fallen victim to various fads, trends, styles, ideas, etc. I look back on those pitfalls and cringe. However, I'm sure I there is much more "what was I thinking"to come before I "follow the light." So let's take a look at my list of shame:

-Circa 1995- Was thrilled to receive a Beanie Baby stuffed animal. Aren't those suppose to be worth thousands by now???

-Circa 1996- Owned a Tomagatchi/Giga pet. Yes, I actually paid money to care for an intangible pet.

-Circa 1997- Fan of Spice Girls- enough said.

-Circa 1999- Owned and wore a pair of Dr. Martin shoes- the clunkiest "everyday" shoe known to mankind.

-Circa 2000- Owned and wore a pair of Sketchers boots- the second clunkiest "everyday" shoe known to mankind.

-Circa 2001- Bought the Dixie Chicks CD. The thought that I spent my hard earned babysitting money on country music haunts me to this day.

-Circa 2002- Applied a set of do-it-yourself nails. I think they stayed on my fingers a good 2 hours.

-Circa 2003- Thought it was a good idea to eat an entire pumpkin pie with just one other friend.

-Circa 2004- Saw no problem with driving around aimlessly with friends for multiple hours.

-Circa 2006- Wore a cropped sweater, a style that did me no favors.

-Circa 2006- Ate constantly on account of having the Dining Plus meal plan.

I'm sure there are a great deal more embarrassing fads that I subscribed to. These are just the ones I find particularly shameful. I can hardly wait to see what trend train I hop onto next!

No comments: